-0001. - -0001.
Avgust Černigoj (Trieste, 1898 – Sežana, 1985) studied at the Art and Crafts School in Trieste. After briefly studying in Munich and then enrolling at the Bauhaus in Weimar, where his professors were Vasily Kandinsky and László Moholy – Nagy, he returned to Ljubljana. In 1924 Černigoj organized his first constructivist exhibition at the Technical School in Ljubljana. After the exhibition he discarded all his works, since for him art was only a means of transmitting ideas. During that same year Černigoj established Ljubljana’s School of Architecture. In 1925, as a political exile, he went to Trieste. Together with painter G.Carmelich and poet E. Dolfi, Čarnigoj founded a private school and constructivist group. Černigoj is the most important representative of the Slovenian avant-garde and the founder of Slovenian constructivism. He was a painter, graphic artist, mise-en-scène and costume designer. Černigoj also collaborated with Ferdinand Ferdo Delak on the magazine Tank.